2023 OUR ACTIVITIES
TODO LO QUE SE NECESITA PARA QUE EL MAL TRIUNFE ES QUE LOS HOMBRES BUENOS NO HAGAN NADA
ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING
POR FAVOR MIRE NUESTRAS SUBPAGINAS DE ESTA SECCION, ALLI VERA DISCRIMINADAS NUESTRAS ACTIVIDADES DE 2023. TODA LA INFORMACION ESTA EN INGLES Y ESPAÑOL
PLEASE LOOK AT OUR SUBPAGES IN THIS SECTION, THERE YOU WILL SEE OUR 2023 ACTIVITIES DISCRIMINATED ALL THE INFORMATION IS IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH
NUESTRA ESTADISTICA 2021 2022
ESTE SERA NUESTRO AÑO...
Este será nuestro año, hemos demostrado que cabe una nueva manera de enseñar a diagnosticar tempranamente el cáncer de Seno. revisamos los 3 pilares de la llamada "Prevención del cáncer de Seno" y los adaptamos a nuestra realidad, la cual aprendimos es la realidad latinoamericana como podrán leer hoy. Estamos comprometidos como nunca en esta actividad y ya veremos nuestro recorrido.
Pero nuestra pasión por mejorar la educación de nuestros médicos jóvenes ha crecido ahora estamos comprometidos con nuestras areas mas rurales muy distante, donde la violencia es aun palpable así como la valentía de muchos hombres y mujeres comprometidos con la paz y allá llevaremos no solo nuestro programa de Seno sino una medicina que incluya otras especialidades.
También nos hemos comprometido con mejorar la formación de nuestros médicos jóvenes mejorando su motivación y PASION con miras a ser lideres en desastres, lideres de sus comunidades, algo que nuestro pais necesita con urgencia
BIENVENIDOS AL 2023
This will be our year, we have shown that there is a new way to teach how to diagnose breast cancer early. We reviewed the 3 pillars of the so-called "Breast Cancer Prevention" and adapted them to our reality, which we learned is the Latin American reality as you can read today. We are committed as never before in this activity and we will see our route.
But our passion for improving the education of our young doctors has grown. Now we are committed to our most distant rural areas, where violence is still palpable, as well as the courage of many men and women committed to peace, and there we will take not only our program de Seno but a medicine that includes other specialties.
We have also committed to improving the training of our young doctors, improving their motivation and PASSION with a view to being leaders in disasters, leaders of their communities, something that our country urgently needs.
WELCOME TO 2023
EL PROBLEMA SOCIAL DEL CANCER DE SENO ES LATINOAMERICANO
I had the honor of participating in this event that was broadcast to Ibero America with the support of
the Aesculap Foundation of Mexico , financed by Braun of Germany Etartu and the Mexican Association against Breast Cancer . Respecting cultural differences from how the Breast is called, mythology and beliefs, the conclusion of my presentation is that the social problem of Breast Cancer is a latinoamerican problem for which:
1. Most of the women arrive in advanced stages of the disease the first time, which has an impact on mortality, the radical nature of the surgery and treatment, self-esteem...
2. In Latin America, trained women who perform self-examination are very few, the percentage ranges from 21 to 29% where some jobs in Mexico show that maximum percentage. In countries like Cuba the percentage is 26%. But with an additional problem, in some Latin American works it is shown that only 10% of this percentage does it correctly.
3. A Mexican study suggested that the main reason for not doing a self-examination was forgetfulness, however, in our experience in more than 40,000 women, the main reason is fear followed by ignorance to interpret the findings.
4. Fear occurs because we have taught 12 warning signs that are mostly advanced Cancer, which from the point of view of a marketing expert SCARES WOMAN AND DOES NOT MOTIVATE HER TO GET EXAMINED.
5. HE HAS BEEN TAUGHT THINGS LIKE "Look in a mirror and look for dimples and orange skin."HOWEVER, THE MIRRORS IN THE FIELD ARE SMALL, THEY ARE OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM FOR EVERYONE'S USE AND AT A HEIGHT WHICH USUALLY IS NOT REACHED TO SEE A BREAST, ALSO THEY DON'T KNOW IT IS A DIMPLE AND THEY JUST WAIT FOR AN ORANGE SKIN TO WORRY ABOUT.
For these and more reasons that we exposed, we demonstrate that a radical turn must be made in the way we teach to diagnose breast cancer early. Not to prevent it, to discover it in time, women should not be underestimated in what they can learn. When they find it, they think, for example, that they did not do what was necessary to "prevent" it, and that is not the objective. The marketing expert told me, "Doctor Castilla, what do you want, for your women to be mastologists or for them to free themselves and look for the tumor without fear when it is possible to detect it long before the 12 warning signs?" He was right and we changed the way of teaching both in the way of doing it and in the content. OUR OBJECTIVE IS NOT TO TRAIN BREASTMASTERS BUT WOMEN WHO ARE EMPOWERED BY THE CARE OF THEIR BREASTS.
We all know that the 3 pillars of early diagnosis of Cancer are:
1.MAMOGRAPHY. We already know that even if it is free in Latin America, many women have to pay for their transport tickets and travel with a companion for hours, often on difficult roads, and also many do not see the need because "they do not feel anything" (we do not teach them to do so). we are looking for is too small to be palpated...for example CONCLUSION MANY WOMEN WILL NOT ARRIVE EVEN FOR THE MAMMOGRAPHY
2. VISIT TO THE DOCTOR, today it is easier to get to the doctor in the cities. But in suburban and rural areas, women have a rural doctor, who is young and in our knowledge surveys does not have enough knowledge about breast diseases, which makes them a barrier for women to consult on time. . For example, as we have documented, a woman consults for pain, the doctor does not have the knowledge of her AND THE ATTITUDE TO TEACH WHY HER BREASTS HURT about her. The woman leaves with a vague explanation in the best of cases and formulated with an analgesic, for example acetaminophen. We have seen cases that when the doctor returns he says: "My wife, it wasn't acetaminophen, it's Dolex!" At the next consultation with another doctor, she orders an ultrasound that may not be possible and that would surely report a Fibrocystic Condition in most cases. When a lump appears that doesn't hurt, it may not come back because you're frustrated or simply don't pay attention to it until it becomes one of the warning signs. That is why we must change the way we educate our students in undergraduate.
3.The third pillar is SELF-EXAMINATION. We already know why they don't do it, but we definitely reevaluate and change the entire teaching strategy because IT IS THE BEST METHOD THAT CAN GUIDE A WOMAN WHEN THEY HAVE A SUSPICIOUS INJURY, It does not cover all manifestations of cancer, many will arrive despite the empowerment that let's care for your breasts in advanced stages of the disease. But many more, 80% or more will be able to detect the tumor when it barely measures 2.4 cm, which according to many evidence-based studies is the earliest that a woman can find in a breast of normal size by doing a judicious self-examination.
BUT WE LEARNED that for a woman to do a self-examination and empower herself in the care of her breasts, she must begin by teaching her why her breasts hurt, that she learn to interpret changes in consistency from a young age, that she not be scared by common secretions and many more aspects that a couple of years ago we began to teach in a simple way, as the marketing experts taught us, with direct messages, simple based on neurolinguistics, teaching rural doctors, nurses, promoters HOW THEY HAVE TO TEACH AND HOW TO CONVERT IN LEADERS BY EXAMPLE. They should not be afraid to teach women with simple messages, to commit themselves to their communities as we have been doing, educating a new generation of doctors in the municipalities where we have been, and above all our students from the NUEVA GRANADA MILITARY UNIVERSITY, who have participated in more than 7,000 screening consultations in the departments of Boyacá, Meta, Cundinamarca, Guaviare, Vichada and San Andrés, going to places where a specialist had never been, let alone a mastologist. Success is very satisfying. When asking the women we have trained what they should look for in the exam, they have answered 70% correctly. BUT ABOVE ALL THEY ARE NOT AFRAID... THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING because if a suspicious lesion is discovered in the middle of a jungle, they will not hesitate to consult in time and then we will see how the CANCER CARE ROUTE develops.
WE ARE LATIN AMERICA AND WE MUST EVALUATE HOW WE CAN IMPROVE THIS SITUATION. Many women are heads of families for many reasons, in our country sadly due to violence MAINLY, violence against women themselves, due to the loss of their partner due to drug trafficking or the guerrilla, among others.
We are also ready to receive support such as the one we have had from our University, the Military Forces and the work done with the Government of Cundinamarca and many municipalities.
WE ARE READY TO SHARE OUR EXPERIENCE AND OUR STRATEGY!!!